viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2016

EXERCISE 1A_ Framework and video topics.

Here, I want to show which topics I’m going to focus in. I tried to make a direct relationship between my interests -my way of seeing architecture- and the design itself of Alberto Campo Baeza, “Blas House”.
I start with a clear allusion to the Mies Van der Rohe quote “Less is More”, which is the essence of the minimalism architecture, given that in the work of Campo Baeza comes first the basis space, away from the overabundance of elements.
On the other hand, another characteristic aspect of this house is its (almost) opposite way of being related with the surrounding world, and specially with the Nature. It’s odd curious to see how in the high floor, this one, wraps around you, being part of it, while in the low level the Nature is framed by the square windows like it was a picture.

It carries us to the third point, the dualism which governs the house. A dualism between black and white, light and darkness, light material and heavy materials, and as a space is intended to daily activities and the other one is intended to the breakout of that.


4 comentarios:

  1. I like your topic, I think it is really important how we use light or materials to create different ambients inside a house or space and I think that if you focus on that and you explain it with some examples as the house you chose, you will have a really good video. Looking forward to seeing your video!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think the topic is very interesting. Some elements like light or the enviroment should be considered as other material of the house. For this reason, in order to improve your work, I think you have to focus on this fact. How a change of the lights or environment can change the whole architecture

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like the idea of giving the basics spaces to a house that Campo Baeza uses in their proyects. We need to be connected with the space, and with so much elements between the building and the person we can miss out the truly meaning of that space and what it can transmit us. Also, with the uses of lights, can be a so good final proyect with that two ideas.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think the comparision between Less is more and the de Blas house is very appropriate, because it show very well what the simple architectual space can create. For the relation of houses and its surroundings I think it would be very interesting to see more examples of how to react, influence and relate to it in different ways.

    ResponderEliminar