jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2016

Exercise 1A



Nowadays, everything is fast. We don’t take the time to look and observe what’s around us. Always in the underground never seeing the sun, always running not paying attention to what’s around. All of that can have consequences on our mental health, from stress to depression. 
We all need to enjoy the moment, have a break. 

In the video, I would like to show the rush we live in while how resourcing and soothing it is to enjoy every moment. Architecture can help enjoying those moments. In my opinion it should be peaceful, a place where we feel confortable and secure. Far from stress, we should be able to resource ourself in it, using what it’s given to us such as light from the sun.

Jørn Utzon created Can Lis to find himself again and relax.
For that, he designed several pavilions, all oriented according to the sun. That way, each action has its own place and light, favourable to appreciate the moment.

6 comentarios:

  1. Hello, I think the matter, which you are going to talk about it's one of the most important current problems. We live in the city, but we don´t enjoy the city.Many times we just use the architecture in a material way, but for me architecture is more than an object. As a person who was born in Alicante, I Hope your video shows me other Alicante, in your eyes of a foreign person that discover the city. A quieter image of Alicante

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like your idea of architecture and your film transmits what you want to say in a really simple and clear way.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like the contrast between the busy street and the peacefulness of the sea in the video, it really shows what you want to say. I also agree that architecture should contribute to improve our mental health and general well-being

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree, nowadays, the work, the internet, the social media... makes the city a place where you just go to go to some place to another one. The designing of the avenues, the places, of the city is often designed for the cars and not for the persons. As architects, we need to change this way of see the city.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I think it is a great idea to focus on spaces in which people are able to escape the rush and take a rest. I am really curious for the result, because I also think these places can be really different depending on the person and the culture, but maybe it is possible to still find some similarities. I think it would also be interesting if certain elements or materials appear in this kind of spaces frequently. I am looking forward to your video!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Your topic is really interesting and also actual in our world. I like the way you combine the general idea of our fast world with the thought of creating architecture that deals with this problem.

    ResponderEliminar