jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2016

Menos Es Mas

https://flipagram.com/f/wbKAwZScje

The main aim for my video will be asking the question and showing my interests in whether we should live and build as flamboyantly as the world once did like in the Art Nouveau, Gothic, or Baroque era? Or should we leave the majestic detailing behind and from now on take an original and organic look at the world we live in, stripping back to the bare basics and carry on "Menos es Mas", the architectural theory of Mies Van Der Rhoe?

 For this quick video I have used a recent trip to Valencia, the area I live in Alicante and then my group projects house, Blas House, Sevilla La Nueva, Madrid, as the basis to my concept and to help explain the change in architecture over the last couple of centuries, striping back to nature and then moving forward to the "less is more" way of life. This video is very basic and gives only photos, this is because it is laying out an initial timeline of my thoughts of my topic and interests which I can then later work around and develop. That being said, in the final video I will add actual video clips, commentary and the use of text to explain clearly my idea.

3 comentarios:

  1. I like the idea of leaving the old, detailed buildings behind and to not alter the beauty as we move forward, maybe use another precedent that shows a simple, minimalist form to see the change in architecture.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I want to see the changing from ancient periods to "less is more" time, indeed it was a huge change of mind. Will you put your opinion in the story? I really would like to know what you think or prefer between a decorative architecture and a simple one.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It's funny because I was talking recently with my frind Kony about imitating old styles in architecture now, what(IMO) most of the times looks trashy.
    But I think that era of *less is more*, is behind us, look at the architecture of modern architects, it's liquefied, organic not simple. And I noticed a tendency in the most modern architecture to cameing back to details, but they are more geometrical and abstract, not like it used to be.

    I would really like to see your video :)

    ResponderEliminar