jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2016

passage of time

https://flipagram.com/f/wbkoAHqq09

I will create a video on the importance of having nature around us and also incorporating nature in the buildings materiality, design, or interior of the structure, to think about why having nature around us is significant. Having nature close to us has many benefits to the human body, some examples include less stress, being more focused, increase in happiness and productivity and altogether improves mental health but it is also good for the environment and future to use sustainable/renewable/organic materials. 

The short video clip I made above shows the nature I have in my apartment and the views from my window. Having this close to me improves my mentality rather than living in a small dark room with no views. 

This relates to the Small House for a Kolonihaven by Enric Miralles because of its small organic construction using wood and having nature close to see time pass, something that I can also do from the view of my apartment is watch the sun rise and set.  

Many architects integrate nature with their building design such as Frank Lloyd Wright who designed the Falling Water house which is built over a waterfall, therefore my video will discuss the importance of using organic materials to improve our future but also why we should be close to nature to live a healthier lifestyle. 

RIYA CHAWLA

7 comentarios:

  1. I love the principles of this video and the relevance it has with todays society, due to the pressing issue of the lack of nature. Perhaps using examples of echo homes and sustainable buildings to exploit the issue further?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I have the same idea about nature: it's important to let it in our life, because we are part of it. And the Falling Water house is indeed a good example. I'm also very interested in the organic materials you are talking about, it's a nice idea: I will look forward to your video.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The idea of combining architecture and nature is really fascinating, because nowadays people destroy the environment to create new spaces. I love how you try to make this combination, it is something that concerns me. And I am really excited to see how you develop the final video, with all these ideas.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think that interesting if contrast on your video between high housing blocks, and the nature on both sides.

    This what you said about influence that nature has on us is one of the most important postulates of our times :)and I'm happy that society is more awere of this.

    I'm waiting for you final result :D

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I really like your topic, I find it really interesting. We used to live with nature and after destroying it, people are realizing that it's important to have it near, that we cannot live without it and as you said that it makes us happier...
    I'm looking forward to see your video.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I totally agree that the nature is of great importance for us and we should never loose the relation to it, because it can give us a lot more than we think, just as you said. I would really enjoy seeing more examples of living united with nature, or maybe of spaces that tries to revitalize this connection where it was lost. And also I am curious about how natural materials effect people. I m excited to see your video!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think we are working with something very similar and I really like the way you focus your project. The first impression that you have given me with your trailer is that you are going to work with the nature in the daily life so I think its going to be really a good video and I will also be able of having some help from your ideas and also I could help you with some things if you needed. I can't wait to see your video!

    ResponderEliminar