jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2016

Exercise 1A


In my video, I want to present what Architecure means to me by showing pictures of the different parts of Alicante and why all of them are important for the overall picture we have from the city.

In general, Architecture means to me to create a building that is integrated in the environment and surrounding. That it emphasizes the main characteristics of the location and not changing it to something completely new. In an urbanistic view, it means that the character of the city is mostly shaped by the buildings, wherefor the architects have a big responsibility to deal with. They should capture peculiarities of the place and define it. That is why it should be more important in a city to restore already existing, ancient buildings, than planning new, commercial buildings. These edifices are more profitable, however they destroy the overall picture of the whole city and have no reference to the surrounding.

So I want to give an impression of the opposite sides of Alicantes architecture and how it affects the people that are passing the buildings and places and what it would be, if there would just be one type of architecure in the whole city.

7 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you about the fact that architecture should embrace the place and not changing it completely. I like your idea, it is interesting to show how architecture can affects people.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I saw the same problem walking around Alicante, many new buildings, a bit chaotic. I also look at cities with an urban eye, it helps me understand them better, I look forward to see your work and your ideas about this matter

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree with you about how architecture can embrace places. I like the sequence of the images and mostly the last two. I want to see your work finished

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree, we should focus more on what already exists, trying to restore it, studying the environment and the references to the surrounding instead of surrendering completely to a logic of profits

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Good work Patrizia but you should read more about alicante and that things and investigate about the kind of buildings we have in Alicante. I think there are some typical façades that could interest you in alicante and also some characteristic things in the way of building. Work hard because i know you'll do a good video and I can't wait to see it

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I like the way you compare the old and new architecture in Alicante. I also agree that itegration of buliding in the skyline is the most important issue in therms of urbanism. I am looking forward on what els you have to say about this topic. I think it is really interessting.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I think that is a really good idea, because coming to Alicante as an Erasmus student, it takes a while to get an overal picture of the "face" of the city. This is of course due to the fact, that we do not know much about the culture and the history of the city and how it developped. So I am really looking forward for the results of your investigation in why Alicante is how it is today.

    ResponderEliminar